Technical Tour on Thursday
The ILK Dresden – Institut für Luft- und Kältetechnik (Institute of Air Handling and Refrigeration) gemeinnützige Gesellschaft mbH – is your competent partner for research and development tasks in the fields of air handling and refrigeration technologies and their applications. The institute is an independent and free research enterprise with the legal status of a non-profit limited liability company. The ILK Dresden works as a commercial research & development institute for all interested businesses and institutions of the related and applied branches as well as for the supplying industries. The five ILK main departments comprise different fields of technology that are subdivided into departments and working groups, providing R&D and services in the following fields of technology and working areas:
- Cryogenics and Low Temperature Physics, including the Center of Cryo Competence in Life Sciences,
- Refrigeration and Heat Pumps,
- Air Handling Technology,
- Applied Materials Engineering,
- Applied Energy Engineering.
The technical tour at the ILK Dresden presents the
- Center of Cryo Competence in Life Sciences and
- Development examples of the main department “Cryogenics and low Temperature Physics”.
The Technical Tour takes place on Thursday 4:30 to 6:30 pm. To join the technical tour please register here. The technical tour is free.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
Lectures / Oral Presentations
- The official language is English. No translation will be provided during the sessions.
- All speakers of all morning sessions should upload their presentations on a computer in the session room 30 minutes before starting the first morning session.
- All speakers of all afternoon sessions should upload their presentations on a computer in the session room 30 minutes before starting the first afternoon session.
- All presenters must meet in the lecture room at least 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the session.
- Please use a USB memory stick to provide the presentation(s).
- IIR Workshop accepts only presentation material in MS PowerPoint format (MS office 2013, no higher version) or in Adobe pdf-format.
- IIR Workshop does not allow the use of speakers’ own laptops for their presentations.
- All speakers are requested to register in time to receive their badges and other conference materials.
- Key note speakers will have 30 minutes for his/her lecture and 5 minutes for a discussion.
- Each presenter will have 20 minutes for his/her lecture and 5 minutes for a discussion.
- There will be discussion immediately after the lectures; a common discussion can take place when all papers scheduled for the session have been presented. All presenters are thus requested to remain for the entire session.
- When it is time for your lecture, go to the podium immediately when the previous speaker has finished the presentation and answered questions. The session chair will introduce your lecture and ask you to start your presentation.
Please start your presentation considering the following:
- 1. Start immediately on the topic and avoid another introduction given by yourself.
- 2. Pace your talk to end at the scheduled ending time.
- 3. Obey your chair’s instructions.
- During the time for discussion, listen carefully to the questions from the audience and answer them briefly. If you cannot answer the questions briefly, ask for a private discussion after the session.
- Posters should be displayed during the entire workshop period. Therefore, we kindly ask you to attach your poster to the display boards as soon as possible and no later than on Thursday, 08th September till 9:00 am. You are kindly requested to remove your poster after the last lecture on Friday afternoon, before you leave the conference area. Posters that are not dismounted will be removed by staff and discarded.
- Pins / magnets are available at the registration desk or directly in the poster area.
- The dimensions of the poster boards are as follows: Display area of the panel: 1.2 m (width) x 1.5 m (height).