You are here: / Home
Performance tests of refrigerant compressors
Dr. Matthias Böhm
Does your compressor perform well?
The Test center PWLP supports the industry in the development of energy-efficient vapor-compression refrigeration system and compression heat pumps.
The ILK Dresden offers the following services for you:
For a defined application map of open, semi-hermetic or hermetic respectively one or two stage refrigerant compressors we determine the refrigerating capacity, power absorbed, COP, volumetric and isentropic efficiency.
As part of the accreditation of the PLWP according to DIN EN ISO / IEC 17025, the PLWP conducts the investigation of air-cooled condensing units according to the currently applicable measurement standards DIN EN 13771-1:2017-04 und DIN EN 12900:2013-10.
The tests are carried out at gas-loops with partial condensation (Fig 1) respectively at complete refrigeration cycles (Fig. 2).
|test rig||Displacement [m³/h]||Refrigerating capacity [kW]||Refrigerants|
|1||3...10||...15|| A1: R134a, R1234yf, R404A, R407A, R407C, R407F, R448A, R513A, R152a, R452A etc.|
A2L: R290 (limited up to 2kg)
Current calibrations of the measuring systems are a matter of course.
Within the scope of our flexible accreditation, further measuring tasks can be realized according to applicable test standards.
The test can be carried out with the refrigerants A1 (R134a, R1234yf, R404A, R407A, R407C, R407F, R448A, R513A, R152a, R452A etc.) and partly A2L (up to 2 kg filling capacity).
The source of the thermodynamic properties of the refrigerants is the library ASREP from ASERCOM.
Outside accreditation, further services can be offered:
- long-term switching tests
- Torque measurements
- Measurement of the oil discharge
- Investigation with variable rotation speed (frequency inverter)
- Sound investigations in the third octave or octave frequency band
- On the test rig DIN EN ISO 9614 or
- In a reverberation room (with gas loop) DIN EN ISO 3741 (Kl. 1, 100Hz ... 20kHz)
- vibration measurements from 3Hz ... 20kHz (line spectrum)
Research and Development
The ILK Dresden has been active in the development and testing of refrigeration and heat pump technology for many years. The development work is carried out individually and in close cooperation with the client.
The ILK Dresden has many years of know-how in the investigation of refrigerant compressors. The necessary know-how for the evaluation of the machines was developed in particular in the funded projects:
- "Energy efficiency of refrigerant compressors", (FKZ EN IW073034),
- "Multi intermediate injection at rotary compressors", (FKZ EN VF120022)
- "Test rigs and test procedures for condensing units" (BMWi FKZ MF150072),
In these projects, knowledge was gained in particular on the following topics, which enable a professional interpretation of the results:
- Constructional design of different compressor designs
- Gradients for degree of quality and degree of output as function of compressor design and compressor map
- Procedures for performance measurement with reduced uncertainty at different compressor designs
- Knowledge about the behavior of refrigerating capacity, power absorbed and COP depending on compressor design and operating conditions
- Relationships between external and internal conditions of the compaction process and effects on the definition of comparative parameters
- Procedures for determination of the circulating oil concentration in the refrigerant mass flow
Aktives Schichtladesystem für Kaltwasserpufferspeicher
Temperaturgesteuerte Einschichtung von Kaltwasser mit unterschiedlichem Temperaturniveau
Initiierung eines Lithiumkreislaufes – Recycling von Lithiumbromidlösungen aus Absorptionskälteanlagen (ReLiA)
ILK Teilvorhaben 2: Trennverfahren