You are here: Home / Testing Equipment
High temperature heat pump
Using waste heat from industrial processes
Industrial processes often generate waste heat, which can no longer be used in a technically sensible way due to its temperature level. Here, heat pump technology offers the possibility to increase the temperature level of the waste heat efficiently and without the use of fossil fuels and to make this heat energy usable again for processes.
Heat pumps for the heating of residential buildings are becoming increasingly widespread and will perspectively replace the oil and gas-operated heaters in most residential buildings.
For industrial applications with temperatures above 70°C the use of heat pumps in the market is still manageable or almost non-existent.
Within a research project the ILK has developed a demonstration object of a high temperature heat pump in the power range of 15 kW. Useful temperatures of 140°C were reached. The ILK is looking for partners who have application possibilities for the use of this technology.
From several funded research projects the ILK Dresden has collected manifold and extensive knowledge on this topic.
- "Environmentally friendly CO2 heat pump for heating drinking water for industry" (FKZ MF090012)
- "High temperature heat pump for applications above 120°C" (FKZ MF130081)
- "High temperature heat pump module for commercial dryers" (FKZ ZF4079112RE7)
From these and other projects, the ILK Dresden has extensive experience with high temperature heat pumps with the following characteristics:
- Refrigerants: partially fluorinated A1 safety refrigerants, natural refrigerants such as CO2 (R744), to a limited extent also combustible refrigerants such as propane (R290)
- Heat source: air, water or thermal oil with temperatures 30°C - 100°C
- Heat sink: air, water, steam or thermal oil with temperatures 80°C - 120°C+.
- Power: 1 kW - 500 kW
Based on this knowledge we can develop and build high temperature heat pumps for you or support you in the development of such a heat pump.
Further Projects - Testing Equipment
Electrochemical decontamination of electrically conducting surfaces „EDeKo II“
Improvement of sanitary prevention by electrochemical decontamination